The Istituto Superiore di Sanità (Iss) notes this in the weekly bulletin on the evolution of the epidemic published today.
– Sixty people (of which 4 from abroad or contacts from previous cases of return) out of 4,269 swabs tested positive in Campania in the last 24 hours. These are the data of today’s bulletin of the Crisis Unit of the Campania Region; there are no deaths while the healed of the day are 4.
– A crowded party without masks on August 15th cost the closure of the ‘La Spiaggia’ establishment in Ostia. Some boys present at the event would have tested positive for the coronavirus. The same ones who in the following days would also enter the well-known Kursaal plant, closed after a blitz by the ASL.
– “Today in Lazio there are zero deaths and 215 cases, of these 61% are return links: it is a record of positives, never so many, mainly linked to cases with links from Sardinia 45% (97 cases). mostly young and asymptomatic “. The councilor for health of the Lazio Region Alessio D’Amato underlines this in the daily bulletin.
– Suspected case of Covid aboard the Majestic ferry of Grandi Navi Veloci coming from Barcelona and docked this morning in Genoa. A seafarer was taken over by the staff of the Maritime Air and Border Health Offices to be swabbed. In the meantime, the passengers, 468 assisted by the company with water and a bar available, cannot disembark pending the outcome of the swab.
– Germany for the first time since the end of April has returned to exceed 2000 new infections in 24 hours. This was reported by the Robert Koch Institut. In this case, the cases reported by the German health authorities are 2035, thus exceeding the 2055 infections of 25 April. The absolute peak of the virus was recorded, according to the Koch Institut, between the end of March and the beginning of April with over 6000 cases.
– Brazil today recorded 1,054 new deaths from Covid. The total number of deaths reached 113,358. Overall, 3.53 million infections were recorded in Brazil. This was announced by the Brazilian Ministry of Health.
– The United States has reached the quota of 175,245 deaths due to the Covid 19 virus. This was announced by the Johns Hopkins University, which has counted another 1,067 victims for today. Overall, 5,618,133 cases of contagion were registered in the US. In New York City alone, 23,641 people have died of Covid. In New Jersey 15,941, in California 11,886, in Texas 11,391, in Florida 10,168.
– The number of new coronavirus infections recorded in the last 24 hours, 947, is the highest for over three months. In fact, we have to go back to May 14 to find a worse number, with 992 positives in the last 24 hours. The total number of cases since the beginning of the pandemic has thus reached 257,065, with 35,427 deaths.
– 947 new cases registered in the last 24 hours, yesterday there were 845. Nine deaths, against 6 registered on Thursday. The toll thus rises to 35,427 victims. +274 healed (204,960 total). 69 patients in intensive care (+1), 919 hospitalized with symptoms (+36) and 15,690 people in home isolation. This was announced by the Ministry of Health. In Lombardy the largest number of new patients (174), followed by Lazio (137) and by Veneto (116).
– The number of new positives in Lombardy is still growing: +174 compared to +154 yesterday. Six Covid victims in the last 24 hours (yesterday there were 2).
– “At the end of August we will see whether or not to ask the government to restore the limitation of intra-regional mobility. We will decide this in 15 days with great determination, except in cases of work or health reasons. We will also regulate contagions in the rest of Italy “. This was stated by the president of the Campania Region Vincenzo De Luca during a direct Facebook.
– “We continue to talk about the second wave of the virus, but in reality the first wave is not even over.